How Blackout Blinds Can Help You Sleep
With the clocks going forward on the 26th March 2023, the lighter nights may make it more difficult for you and your children to get to sleep. Now is the perfect time to think about darkening your bedrooms, particularly if you have babies or children.
Do's & Don'ts When Selecting Blinds For Your Bedroom
- Wooden & Faux Woods Venetian Blinds look amazing but the gaps in between the slats can let light in, obviously the bigger the slat, the less light. Aluminium Venetians pose the same issue but are very practical as the can be wiped down easily. If you really want venetian blinds in the bedroom, you may want to consider adding some blackout curtains.
- Roman Blinds can soften the bedroom, ensure you get roman blinds that have a blackout lining.
- Vertical Blinds and Roller Blinds do come in blackout fabrics so this is a better choice for bedrooms. Keep reading to find out more info…
Blackout Roller Blinds
Roller blinds can not only transform your room, they are incredibly versatile and can provide a stunning window dressing. When open, roller blinds allow you to take in the view. When drawn, a beautiful backdrop to enhance your interior.
If your ordering roller blinds for your bedroom, we would always recommend a blackout roller blind fabric. It will not only help you get a great night’s sleep, they provide the ultimate level of privacy. Remember, some light will come through the gaps at the sides of the roller blind. If your looking for more darkness, you may want to consider installing the blind on the outside of the recess, enabling you to make the blind larger than the window to limit some more light leakage. Please visit out how to measure page for further information.
Fully cassetted blinds offer ultimate darkness. A true room darkening blind usually consists of a roller blind using a blackout fabric with a head box to cover the fabric roll and side and bottom channels to prevent light from entering around the edges. These blinds can be fitted either in the recess or outside the recess. We only offer this option locally, direct from our showroom.
With all of our roller blinds we offer many “optional extras” to help finish the look of your blinds.
Rechargeable battery motors can enhance your window blind experience by allowing you to have your blind motorised. Fabric covered facias will cover the roller blind tube and end bracket creating a fully co-ordinating look. Decorative scallops brings a decorative interest and makes your blind a bit more glamorous. Change the chain colour and add decorative blind pulls to finish the look. Voila…one amazing looking blind.
Blackout Vertical Blinds
Vertical blinds consist of vertical slats that can be tilted to vary the amount of light you choose to have in your room. They provide a certain amount of privacy into the room itself. You can also draw open the slats fully open to allow you to see the view.
If your ordering vertical blinds for your bedroom, we would always recommend a blackout vertical blind fabric. Remember vertical slats by nature do allow light through the gaps but the blackout fabric is definitely better than a standard fabric. You could pair them up with some blackout curtains to fully have control over privacy and light.
All of our vertical blinds come with a child safe wand operated “white” headrail as standard, we do offer the option of as deluxe headrail. Why not enhance the look of your vertical blind and add a deluxe coloured headrail with a contemporary curved finish. It will give your blind the high quality feel it deserves.
Digitally Printed Photo Roller Blinds
Our digitally printed photo roller blinds take window blinds to a whole new level. Not only are they available in a standard fabric, they are also available in a PVC waterproof fabric which is blackout, ideal for bedrooms and bathrooms.
Photo roller blinds are a fantastic way to personalise your home. The are made from high resolution images printed onto the fabric. We have hundreds of images to choose from. They will not only look great in yours or you childs bedroom…but in any room in your home.
Not only do we offer photo roller blind by using one of our images, we also offer personalised digitally printed roller blinds using any high resolution photo of your choice. It could be a wedding photo, a favourite holiday photo, a photo of your child, or even you favourite pet!
Or maybe you own your own own business? We also make logo printed blinds using your company logo or branding.
The sky is the limit with our photo blinds, you really can transform you room.
Children's Blackout Blinds
Blackout roller blinds and blackout vertical blinds in a childs bedroom are a must as far as I’m concerned…having two children myself! We have a whole amazing dedicated category just for our children’s blinds.
In our children’s bedroom roller blinds category we have hundreds of blackout fabrics that have been especially selected for kids. We have rockets, fairies, football, butterflies, space, dinosaurs, pirate ships, unicorns, enchanted gardens, rainbows, guitars, sports cars, times tables…we also just have blues and pinks lol!
Obviously in our children’s bedroom vertical blinds are a little bit more limited in design than roller blinds, but still do come in some amazing colours.
Children's Window Blind Safety
Safety Comes First….
Create Blinds Online is the online division of UC Blinds Limited, who are full members of the British Blind and Shutter Association. Therefore, as full active members of the British Blinds and shutters association, we are bound by their code of practice. We strictly adhere to Child Safety Standards and a health and safety management system approved by Citation PLC.
- Always use a BBSA member (British Blind and Shutter Association) when buying online or having blinds fitted in your home. We have to adhere to Child Safety Standards and a health and safety management system approved by Citation PLC. Look out for the BBSA logo when ordering.
- Follow the guilds in the “make it safe” campaign. To reduce the risk from looped blind cords and chains in the home from children, follow the guidelines. The Child Safety campaign encourages customers not only to consider safety options that can be added to a blind, but also provides further ideas on how to keep children safe around window blind fittings.
- Furniture should be positioned at a safe enough distance so that children cannot climb onto blinds or window sill, children love to climb!
- Cords and chains should not be allowed to hang free, use a safety device and/or easy-break chain connector.
- Keep aware when children are around vertical blinds with bottom chains. Consider having the weight sewn it instead of having chains.
- If you would like to purchase additional child safety devices for your existing window blinds, please visit our Accessories Page.