What Are The Best Blinds For Children's Bedrooms
Kids bedrooms need privacy, so there are lots of options when it comes to window blinds. Children’s blinds also need to be practical, fun, colourful and most import…safe!!
What To Consider When Choosing Children's Blinds
- Are they going to give you child’s room privacy?
- Do they block the light out allowing them to get a good nights sleep?
- Are they fun, colourful, themed and appealing to the child?
- Most important, are the safe?
Children's Roller Blinds
Roller blinds can not only transform your room, they are incredibly versatile and can provide a stunning window dressing. When open, roller blinds allow you to take in the view. When drawn, a beautiful backdrop to enhance your interior.
If your ordering roller blinds for your child\’s bedroom, we would always recommend a blackout fabric. It will not only help your child get a great night’s sleep, they provide the ultimate level of privacy. Remember, some light will come through the gaps at the sides of the roller blind. If your looking for total darkness, they you may want to consider fully cassetted blinds.
Children’s Roller Blinds are great for kids bedrooms. They can be purchased with fun themed designs like stars, graffiti, rockets, butterflies, glow in the dark, unicorns, football and much more.
Children's Vertical Blinds
Vertical blinds consist of vertical slats that can be tilted to vary the amount of light you choose to have in your room. They provide a certain amount of privacy into the room itself. You can also draw open the slats fully open to allow you to see the view.
If your ordering vertical blinds for your child\’s bedroom, we would always recommend a blackout fabric. Remember vertical slats by nature do allow light through the gaps but the blackout fabric is definitely better than a standard fabric. You could pair them up with some blackout curtains to fully have control over privacy and light.
Children’s Vertical Blinds are a little bit more limited in design than roller blinds, but still do come in some amazing colours.
Children's Wooden Venetian Blinds
Wooden and Faux Wood Venetian blinds consist of horizontal slats that can be lowered, raised or most important, tilted. They not only allow you to control the amount of light that comes into your room, they also provide privacy.
Children’s Wooden Venetian Blinds do allow some light through the slats, but they look amazing. You can combat this by complimenting them with a backout fabric blind or blackout curtains to finish the look.
Children's Window Blind Safety
Safety Comes First….
- Always use a BBSA member (British Blind and Shutter Association) when buying online or having blind fitted in your home. We have to adhere to Child Safety Standards and a health and safety management system approved by Citation PLC. Look out for the BBSA logo when ordering.
- Follow the guilds in the “make it safe” campaign. To reduce the risk from looped blind cords and chains in the home from children, follow the guidelines. The Child Safety campaign encourages customers not only to consider safety options that can be added to a blind, but also provides further ideas on how to keep children safe around window blind fittings.
- Furniture should be positioned at a safe enough distance so that children cannot climb onto blinds or window sill, children love to climb!
- Cords and chains should not be allowed to hang free, use a safety device and/or easy-break chain connector.
- Keep aware when children are around vertical blinds with bottom chains. Consider having the weight sewn it instead of having chains.
- If you would like to purchase additional child safety devices for your existing window blinds, please visit our Accessories Page.
UC Blinds is the online division of UC Blinds Limited, who are full members of the British Blind and Shutter Association. Therefore, as full active members of the British Blinds and shutters association, we are bound by their code of practice. We strictly adhere to Child Safety Standards and a health and safety management system approved by Citation PLC.